Coronavirus: Driver Partners - You matter to us.
Updated: 01 December 2021
We are maintaining additional safeguarding measures to protect you against the spread of COVID-19. Please follow the UK Government guidance for taxis and PHVs.
Travel restrictions in England
From Tuesday 30 November 2021, it is compulsory for passengers to wear a face-covering when travelling in private hire vehicles, unless individuals are exempt from doing so.
Please be respectful, not everyone can wear a face covering. Visit the guidance for When you do not need to wear a face covering.
In these instances, passengers are encouraged to Download a face-covering exemption card.
You do not have to wear a face covering, but the UK Government is advising that licensed private-hire and Hackney drivers should also wear a face-covering during journeys (as long as the wearing of a face-covering does not impair your driving ability). For more information, click here.
Face coverings are available to all Driver Partners operating with Go Carz. Contact your Driver Partner Experience Team via the Driver Partner Portal to request your face coverings, and they will arrange for you to collect a pack, free of charge, every week on an ongoing basis.
For more information, click here.
In-vehicle face-covering notices
It is also recommended that drivers place a prominent sign in your vehicle advising passengers of the requirement to wear a face-covering.
A small poster is available for you to print off and display in your vehicle. Download here
There’s only so much social-distancing you can do in a vehicle. Ask all passengers to sit in the rear seats of the vehicle. Preferably on the left if they are travelling alone.
In-vehicle screens can be fitted in some vehicles, not in others. They are not compulsory and are entirely at the discretion of driver partners. Further information is available on the Driver Partner Portal.
We have identified specialist, regional vehicle cleaning stations. Contact your Driver Experience Team to find your local cleaning station.
Encourage passengers to increase air-flow by opening windows, where appropriate, to ensure vehicles are well ventilated.
To minimise the handling of cash we have contactless payment options available for all journeys using AirPay or our mobile app.
Keeping our towns and cities moving safely and efficiently is not a one-way street.
Passengers also need to play their part to help protect Driver Partners by:
- Avoiding contact.
- Wearing a cloth face-covering.
- Using adequate ventilation.
- Sitting in the back seat.
- Washing their hands.
- The face coverings are offered to you as a gesture of goodwill with no guarantee given by Veezu that they will protect against the contamination of any illness, virus or other medical condition, including COVID-19. The face coverings are just one measure to guard against the spread of COVID-19.
- The UK Government is advising that licensed private-hire and Hackney drivers should also wear a face-covering during journeys (as long as the wearing of a face-covering does not impair your driving ability). For more information, click here
- Please follow Government guidance on how to wear a face-covering
- Please follow Government guidance on the frequency of changing face coverings.
- For the avoidance of doubt, it is your responsibility to ensure that the wearing of face coverings does not impair, in any way, your ability to drive safely and legally in accordance with DVLA requirements, your private-hire vehicle driver licensing conditions, and other applicable UK legislation.
- For the avoidance of doubt, it is your responsibility to ensure that the terms of your motor insurance policy are complied with at all times. You should contact your insurance provider to verify that the wearing of face coverings are permitted under your policy.